Prelude to the Twentieth Century, 1984
by: Roger Weir
Prelude to the Twentieth Century13 of 13 presentations available
Thursdays, Jul 5, 1984 to Sep 27, 1984
- Kierkegaard (1813-1855) @ Jul 05
Either/Or, The Sickness Unto Death. Purity of heart. The early warning signs of the century of consciousness and anxiety.
- Blavatsky (1831-1891) @ Jul 19
Isis Unveiled. The Secret Doctrine. Theosophy as a world pattern
- Tolstoy (1828-1910) @ Jul 26
The Kingdom of God is Within You. The later religious writings of the "grandfather sage"
- Rodin (1840-1917) @ Aug 09
The great manifestor of heroic form
- Ibsen (1828-1906) @ Aug 16
When We Dead Awaken. Hedda Gabler. Drama intensifies towards the surreal.
- Cezanne (1834-1906) @ Aug 23
Multi-dimensional composition in the artist's eye/mind
- Gaudi (1852-1926) @ Aug 30
Architecture breaks open its traditional forms
- Monet (1840-1912) @ Sep 06
Painting explores impressionism and Ukiyo-e
- Strindberg (1849-1912) @ Sep 13
Autobiology and the theatre. Skirt madness, dreams, surrealism, and ultimate realities.
- Husserl (1859-1938) @ Sep 20
Ideas. The frozen reaction, eidetic processes of vision, and the phenomenological world-view